Old August 11th 05, 08:31 AM

The South African contingent has been camping in the same spot for
several
years that I know of. They have their own small building with
communications capability back home and other very civilized

amenities.
Next year you should try to make it to Swine Fest or however they

spell
it. It involves a slow cooked dead animal and other culinary delights.

It
is held pretty close to where the South Africans camp.

Out of curiosity, did anyone here in rec.aviation land happen to record
audio and/or video of the guy playing guitar at the South Africa camp,
whether this year or a previous year? I especially liked his rendition of
"Country Roads" this year ("...you can have virginia, we've got Oshkosh,
take me home country roads...."). I'd be more than happy to reimburse for
A/V tape and shipping if someone can help me out. I'd like to show friends
and family - it has more impact than just explaining it.

Worth a shot....
thanks!

-Tony Goetz