Old August 4th 13, 01:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Netko

Default What size picture is best ? - 1 attachment

On Sun, 4 Aug 2013 11:17:04 +0100, RustYŠ wrote
(in article ) :

In the good old days I posted my pics at 800x600. Then with bigger and
better monitors I upped it to 1024x768 but now my resolution is set to
1600x900. I know that many downloaders here use the pics as screensavers
and even desktops so I like to fill your screens.( and boots). So, my
questions, what size/shape is best for you ? And, is there one size that
would best suit everybody ?

According to the StatCounter website, slightly fewer than 25% of screens are
1440 x 900 or larger, about 50% are 1360 x 768 or larger whereas almost 70%
are 1280 x 720 or larger.

There are some limitations/caveats to these data but, even so, 1600 x 900
might be pushing it; 1280 x 1024 might be better as your next step up.

Not that it matters much to me: I'm a 1920 x 1200 person myself.

And does your question mean that you intend to start posting here again? If
so, welcome back. If not, well, welcome back anyway.

Whatever next? Glenn to visit us more frequently? The return of Mitchell
Holman? Alf?