Old July 2nd 17, 11:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

Default Libelle

On Sat, 01 Jul 2017 17:43:04 -0700, Steve Leonard wrote:

On Saturday, July 1, 2017 at 6:00:16 PM UTC-6, Martin Gregorie wrote:
On Sat, 01 Jul 2017 14:13:00 -0700, Ross wrote:

I bought a flyable libelle a few years back complete with cobra
trailer for $12,000 so the way I see it $8000 is excessive for what
it is in the state it is in Saying that, if you can do all the work
yourself and want it as a project and don't care about money then
sure, why not

I offered him less than $5200 for it. Had a reply but nothing that
told me he knew anything about gliders

I've had mine 11 years now, For some years their price seemed to stay
fairly constant but I see they're going up now: the going price in
Germany for an airworthy H.201 with trailer, FLARM and modern
instruments seems to be 17-18 K Euros.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie gregorie. | Essex, UK org |

Well, Martin, those have Cobra trailers, Streifeneder wing root fairings
and winglets. Along with a good, one color, bright white finish. This
one has none of these things.

Well, the one I saw in a Cobra was asking 22.5K Euros. The 17-18K gliders
others seem to have box trailers and did not have root fairings or tips
fitted.

Yes, I know that - and that its a relatively early 201B, which seems to
be missing the seat pan, the front wheelbox cover and the control stick
gaiter. The panel is sitting on the top of the trim leaf spring rather
than being in the sliders with the two (missing?) screws done up. There
appears to be corrosion on both the airbrake and undercarriage sliders
(certainly no oil or grease) so Who knows what else is wrong with it that
even a quick inspection would spot. The one positive think you can say is
that there's no balsa in the flying surfaces to rot (that had gone by
about s/n 137). Last but not least, the trailer needs quite a bit of work.

I think all I'm saying is that it looks to me like you could easily spend
the price difference getting it airworthy without fitting new varios,
radio and FLARM.

OTOH the price of Std Libelles in Europe seems to be on the rise though
I'm uncertain why except that they seem to be doing quite well in Club
class.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK