Old March 24th 19, 02:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Terry Pitts

Default Experience with GoPro Smart Remote?

Who has some experience using the GoPro Smart Remote from a glider cockpit?

If I could count on it to start a camera on the tail or wingtip, it would be a time saver for me.

Now, if I video an aerobatic flight I'll start any external cameras before getting in the glider. So, I end up with a lot of wasted footage before flying. Then I have to sync multiple cameras started at various times.

The GoPro Smart Remote can start up to 50(!) cameras at the same time. Even if not the same nanosecond, synching will be much easier.

The Remote has an advertised range of 600' "under optimal conditions."

At $72 I'd rather not buy it if it's useless, but that's not too much to spend to simplify the workflow if it's useful.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Here's a two-camera glider aerobatic video that's less than two minutes long: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDPDHhpRDs4

Terry