Old August 15th 03, 02:24 AM
Rick Durden

John,

All Cheetahs were 150 hp aircraft, competing directly with the 150 hp
172 and Cherokee 140/Warrior. 80/87 octane O-320 Lycoming engine.

160 hp is a mod.

All the best,
Rick

(John Galban) wrote in message . com...
(Snowbird) wrote in message . com...

Duane, if you're that far into the engine, seriously -- do the
160 hp mod. You will never regret it.

That's the second time I've seen a reference to the 160 hp mod. I
thought that Cheetahs came with 160 hp from the factory. Every one
I've seen was 160 hp (thought it was part of the LoPresti magic speed
upgrade). I recall that the Traveller was 150 hp. What year did
they change the Cheetah to 160 hp from the factory?

Just Curious,

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)