Old February 9th 08, 12:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
RobG

Default Yesterday

"RustYŠ" wrote in
:

"RVB" wrote in message

Have you bought a new lens ? Or have you changed your post-processing
?

I changed my camera in a few months ago from the Canon 10D to a 40D.
Although the 10D had served me well for over four years I needed the
extra buffer capacity, speed and pixels of the 40D. At the same time
I ordered a 300mm f2.8 (and a 1.4 extender). This new lens is so
sharp that it still amazes me but the great advantage is this set-up
is that I no longer need to pan and zoom at the same time (as I did
before with the 100-300mm). I still use the zoom for the Hercs and
the Andover here but even with some severe cropping the 300mm fixed
lens gives better pictures (and I never will get used to a 'trombone
zoom'). The exif data is left in these files by Photoshop CS so if
you download a file to your desktop, right click on it and select
Properties/Summary/Advanced all will be revealed.

Rusty rides again! Lovely work, even if it's from a Canon! (I'm trying
desperately to justify a Nikkor 300/2.8 to myself. Sigh, so much glass, so
little money) For now, the 300/4 will have to do.
RobG
(The Aussie one)