Old April 25th 08, 09:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
ChuckSlusarczyk

Default ZZZ Rocket Racer LeagueZZZ

In article , John Ousterhout
says...

Ron Wanttaja wrote:
On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 14:10:07 -0700, John Ousterhout
wrote:

But I'll issue a public apology to Jim Campbell if he ever acts as PIC
in a Rocket Race.

Better define "Race," Filbert...two planes chasing each other, like the fake
Reno races at Oshkosh? Or an actual competition where the winners aren't
pre-programmed?

According to Wikipedia, the race course is at 1,500 feet, following a
computer-generated course. Funny thing is, five minutes worth of clicking on
the RRL site didn't lead to a description that even gave THAT much information.
Until you find out what RRL's definition of a "race" is, I wouldn't place any
bets.

I guess I just assumed that everyone would agree with me that an
exhibition is not a race. But for those in doubt, I meant a real Rocket
Racing League event with multiple rockets competing.

Your right a exhibition is not a race . I think a better race would be to take
bets and see if the new fat zoomy can fit in the cockpit .Last I saw him he was
quite pudgy :-)

Chuck (20 # less )S RAH-14/1 ret