Old November 13th 03, 09:36 PM
Stan Weise

The A-1020 was type certificated and flown in private aircraft. I'm not
aware if it was offered by any airplane manufacturer. The Army approved it
for Tank, Stuart, service and that must have consumed a large part of the
production. After the war Guiberson promoted them for industrial engines and
for use in busses in So. America. The Bureau of Ships installed some as
power for shipboard accessorys. The majority were therefore T-1020s, the
major difference being shrouds and cooling fans. Continental had a 9 cyl
R975 gas motor similarly configured for tanks.
"Robert Bates" wrote in message
newscDsb.134084$mZ5.923402@attbi_s54...
I have been able to find very little about the engines. The best
information I have found is at

http://www.enginehistory.org/Diesels/Ch3.pdf

I also heard that someone in Montana has some of them but that is all I

have
found.

"Stan Weise" wrote in message
link.net...
I know of numerous T-1020s, that's the Tank version which was also sold

for

industrial applications. They have cooling fans and shrouds. There are

surely many A-1020s as well. Do you have a manual/photos or other

information. I would be interested in that. Production numbers etc.

"Robert Bates" wrote in message
Does anyone know if there are any surviving Guiberson A1020 diesel

radials?