Old November 29th 06, 04:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Judah

Default Get a ferry permit, or just fly it?

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in news:1164771652.238928.229720
@n67g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

Absolutely. They wrote up 7 items. 2 of which were that the door seal
on the C-182 was not glued down propertly (so you hold it against the
door as you close the door), other items were the torque of the seat
attachment bolts, two flight control issues (lose bell crank nut, and a
rubbing cable internal), and a couple other similar issues. The FSDO
said none of the items make the plane unairworthly but that they
grounded for the "cummulative issues".
After a couple of the CFIs called lawyers the FSDO "settled" by making
us all go to a manditory safety meeting, no mention on our records.
However, we did have to produce copies of our certificates and medicals
(apparently the FSDO doesn't have a computer that they could look it up
at registry.faa.gov), in addition to BFRs, CFI renewal dates, etc

-Robert

Wow. What ballbusters.