Old February 12th 07, 07:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke

Default faster 182?

"Kingfish" wrote:

On Feb 12, 11:38 am, "Dan Luke" wrote:
Got a demo flight in a new Skylane Saturday morning. Very nice airplane.
The G1000 stuff was a bit bewildering at first but otherwise it flew just
like any good 182...

I got a demo ride in the SR22 and Columbia 400 last year. Like you, I
was behind the curve a bit with the Avidyne & G1000 panels (and I fly
an EFIS equipped Pilatus) The capabilities are pretty amazing, once
you read through the (lengthy?) ops manual

The bad news is that we were burning 15.5 GPH to get that speed.

What pwr & mixture setting? EGTs?

23" & 2300 rpm, IIRC. The mixture was 25 deg. ROP. Didn't check the EGTs.
I wish I'd looked at the CHTs.