Old July 15th 18, 03:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Which ClearNav vario display?

Not sure of the question, but if it's which ClearNav VARIO display to use (and not comparing the vario's LCD display with the big ClearNav navigation tablet device), I'd love to have both. The thermal assistant is marvelous, but only available on the LCD display. The ribbon indicator for the vario portion on that display doesn't work for me. Despite trying to retrain myself, I end up watching the needle of my old Winter next to it and listening to the CNv audio instead. So I'd rather have both, and I believe the vario will drive them simultaneously.

In fact, if someone wants to sell their mechanical pointer display, let me know privately: jnbearden AT aol DOT com or at the other address using Google Groups.

Chip Bearden