Old March 31st 04, 09:06 PM
john szpara

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 18:41:16 GMT, "Mike Rapoport"
wrote:

Those trips to FlightSafety will eat up a lot of that 20-30K per year
budget. It is a real commitment once you get an airplane that requires
simulator training unless you are fortunate enough to live near the sim
facility. If you go for two days at a time it will take at least four
including getting there and back. Twice a year is eight days which is a lot
of *estra* time to carve out of your annual schedule.

Sorry, I should have said that the $20-30k was for insurance,
maintenance, gas, and tiedown. It didn't include the training.

Again, if some of this is tax deductable, due to business expense,
then it's a whole different ballgame than a hobby. Also, I'm self
employed, and will have the time to spend on the training.

John Szpara
Affordable Satellite
Fiero Owner 2-84 Indy Pace cars, 86 Coupe, 88 Formula 3.4, 88 Coupe, 88GT