Old September 4th 05, 10:52 PM
N93332

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message
BFI is the one airport around here (the Puget Sound area) where I have sat
on the ground for 20 minutes waiting for a takeoff clearance, and where I
have had to circle outside their airspace for 15 minutes waiting for
permission to enter the Class D.

Permission to enter Class D airspace??? It has been a while since I've flown
in class D (or C) airspace, but I don't remember ever needing 'permission to
enter'. I do remember that permission (and a transponder) is required for
class B airspace. I guess I'll have to reread my Far/Aim again before I go
to/through those airspaces.

Or is it just that BFI Class D is in/under/near a Class B that permission is
required?

-Greg B.