Old December 13th 19, 07:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Garret Willat

Default Time for a new US Schempp-Hirth Rep?

Hi my name is Garret Willat, I have taken over as the US rep from M&H Soaring. Monty and Heinz have been a tremendous help to make this transition for the owners as smooth and quick as possible. I went to Germany in October to meet with everyone and build a relationship with all of my contacts at the factory. Oh yeah and to fly the sailplanes.

The announcement did not quite go as planned. However if you are on social media, Facebook or Instagram you can check out the new US representative for Schempp-Hirth GmbH. @yankeecomposites
Or visit the website www.yankeecomposites.com

Here is the note that Schempp-Hirth had shared on their Facebook.

Official announcement: Welcome to Yankee Composites!

Schempp-Hirth team would like to extend our deep felt thanks to Karin, Janell, Heinz and Monty of M&H Soaring USA for their genuine, big hearted friendship during the past 15 years of represented Schempp-Hirth as the US dealer.
It was an adventure we treasure, and a friendship that will continue.

The M&H team decided it was time to take a step back from the full throttle management of the US dealership - but no worries US pilots; we got you covered!

First; M&H Soaring and repair station will continue to assist when needed. Rest assure, we cherish the East Coast special relationship you have with Schempp-Hirth and you’ll still have the M&H team to bounce things off to!

Second; as of December 2019, the Schempp-Hirth US dealership is transferred to Garret Willat and his repair shop Yankee Composites, located in the well-known heart of Sky Sailing, CA.

So - drumroll - as of now, Garret Willat is taking over all discussions and questions about Schempp-Hirth sailplanes, spare parts and repairs, in close coordination & support of the M&H team and overall support of Schempp-Hirth, Germany.

We believe you all know Garret Willat in USA, notably for his competitions results, his involvement in SSA, and former writer for the Wings&Wheels newsletter full of tips to make sailplanes pilot a better life. He eventually waited more than 10000 flight hours to finally visit us. During his recent visit, where he had a bit (a lot) of fun with the Discus2c FES and the new Arcus-M, he made also more serious stuff: building direct human contacts with all the people involved here in the journey of making a glider, fixing it, or shipping spare parts.

Frankly, from the Schempp-Hirth point of view, we couldn’t be more happy with the east/west US coast team coverage and the smooth transition. Dream-team.

US Pilots rest assure - Schempp-Hirth will continue to be represented by people with knowledge of our gliders, eager to share the passion of our sport, world-wide, coast-to-coast, New York to LA, and with our support.

Again, we thank the M&H team for the many shared adventures. Our friendship continues.

We warmly welcome aboard Garret Willat and his Yankee Composites team as our new US Schempp-Hirth dealer.

Please find on our website the whole Schempp-Hirth international team on: https://www.schempp-hirth.com/en/com...onal-partners/

Garret