Old January 31st 07, 12:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Don Tuite

Default UPDATE Starter question

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 23:42:17 GMT, A Lieberma
wrote:

Now, all of this raises a couple of question. Exactly what is the
ammeter for if I wasn't showing any sign of discharge on a battery not
running full tilt?

Sorry. I came in late.

Are we talking about a Piper?

If so, the "ammeter" is a "load" meter that reads current. It shows
how much current stuff in the airplane is sucking. If you have the
pitot and landing lights on, it should show a pretty heavy load. Most
of the time, it doesn't indicate much, because radios and stuff don't
present a very big load.

If we're not talking about a Piper, nevermind.

Don