Old June 26th 08, 01:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Logajan

Default 2 recent incidents

Darryl Ramm wrote:
On Jun 25, 4:17*pm, Ramy wrote:
Two recent incidents which all sounds too familiar and we can all
learn from them:

1 - Another spoilers out/rudder waggle resulting in premature release
- How many more of those we need till we conclude that the rudder
waggle does NOT work? What happened to radio
communication?http://www.nts

b.gov/NTSB/brief.asp?ev_id=20080603X00777&key=1

2 - Another restricted control due to unsecured item. I bet this
caused more accidents then we know
of.http://www.ntsb.gov/NTSB/brief.asp?

ev_id=20080606X00809&key=1

Ramy

Yep, why we can't also have radio communications as well is beyond me.
Radio by itself has to be safer on average at low altitude.

There seems to be a certain (accidental?) irony in reporting the two
accidents: in one case radio comm would presumably have made the signal
from the tow pilot clear, while in the other it was a loose radio that may
have blocked forward movement of the stick.

My instructor has placed a hand held radio in a waist bag secured to her.
But it isn't of much use during these early flights since she needs to have
her hands free to be ready to save us from screwups by the student. ;-)