Old October 7th 03, 04:14 PM
tango4

Sorry Gary but that is a cop-out. The SSSA sanctioned and organised the
event and were responsible for awarding the rights to the commercial company
that was supposed to make the video. To my mind they should have controlled
the funds going to the company with some form of guarantee. This little
eposode really has disillusioned me and I am an ex 'South African'!

PS: Is the video any good?

Ian

"Gary Kemp" wrote in message
m...
I finally got one after much hastle about 4-5 months ago......however
it was in PAL format, therefore not usable on USA machines. Have a
local guy that converted it for me. Keep in mind that Carol and the
local organization had nothing to do with the video.....it was a South
African commercial organization that did the work

Gary

"John" wrote in message

ink.net...
Anyone out there that can lend a hand with the non-delivery of the

video?

Anyone out there actually received the promised video and/or book?

I sent a credit card payment in good faith well over a year ago, and
haven't received a thing.

Some contact with Carol Clifford and her attempts to help have yielded
nothing, although appreciated her effort. She said that the situation

was
an embarrassment to the SASA, and that they were attempting to chase

the
guy down. So far, he's proven as tough to get as Osama Bin Laden.

How about it, South African Soaring Society??? What gives?

Would appreciate anyone else with similar situation to post here, or if

you
got the video, let us know that, too.

Thanks,

John Bojack