Old December 16th 05, 05:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Keeping the Hangar Clear of Snow

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
Doug wrote:

You can fly around the island you are on. Every island has at least one
airport. Oahu, Maui and Hawaii have several. And you can fly from
island to island. But once you do all that, there isn't much of
anywhere else you can fly that is within range. Nothing at all for
thousands of miles (well there is Midway, with one airport).

My sister lives on Oahu and she has neither heat nor air conditioning
in her house. It's a nice climate, and a lot of variety (desert,
jungle, mountains and beaches), but there is NO PLACE TO GO. I get
island fever. Also, aluminum corrodes something fierce over there. My
sisters window frames all have white aluminum dust on the bottom
tracks. It's scary to think what would happen to an aluminum plane in
that environment. There are, however, some GA aircraft and at least
three flight schools in the state.

The topic was keeping the hangar clear of snow. In Hawaii this isn't a
problem.

Matt

Problem solved.