Old March 10th 04, 07:43 PM
Paul Adriance

You know, maybe you should check a few things out before panicking. NASCAR
likes airports and they like having their tracks close to an airport.

They like them because the TFR is a non issue for them, they are excempt.

Yes, there is the stadium TFR, but those TFRs allow traffic that are

landing
or departing from an airport. Boeing Field does not close when there is a
game in Seattle. Neither does Daytona close during the race there.

To commercial traffic under ATC control, Arlington doesn't even have a
tower, and only has a localizer IFR approach. 90% of our traffic is GA and
there are no regularly scheduled air transport operations that I'm aware of.

I think it would be better to check out what the actual effect of any TFRs
would be before going into a tizzy on this one. The track might just be

one
of the best things that ever happened to Arlington.

Have you talked to the FSDO and AOPA what the effect of the track would

be?

AOPA is already looking into it. The FSDO is irrelevant because it's TSA,
DoD, and Homeland Security who own the airspace now, the FAA is just another
puppet.

Paul