Old January 19th 04, 03:09 AM
John Lansford

"Thomas Schoene" wrote:

John Lansford wrote:

The chicken gun exists. I've seen it in operation in fact.

I'm guessing the myth in qustion is about the frozen vs non-frozen
chickens.* It will be interesting to see what the Mythbusters guys do with
it.

* I notice someone else just posted a variation on the now-widespread "they
used a frozen bird by mistake" story, now with miniature birds and jet
engines instead of turkey and windscreens. I suspect it's just as
apocryphal as the others, but you never know.

Actually, according to my dad, who also worked at Arnold, the
frozen/unfrozen issue did take place. The need for a bird to be fired
by the gun was determined, and someone was sent out to get one. He
came back with the required payload, but it was a frozen, not fresh,
chicken. For some reason the decision was made to use it immediately,
with the expected results.

John Lansford
--
The unofficial I-26 Construction Webpage:
http://users.vnet.net/lansford/a10/