Old April 1st 04, 06:40 AM
Marty

"C J Campbell" wrote in message

"Marty" wrote in message

"C J Campbell" wrote in message

Good stuff snipped....

Most aircraft have Halon extinguishers which work well
on such fires.

CJ,
Is there a special exclusion for the use of Halon in planes?
I thought Halon was outlawed or common use and now required special
permitting.
Great stuff tho.

Halon is not outlawed. You cannot produce it, but there are sufficient
stockpiles of the stuff to make fire extinguishers for years.

It is a great example of the idiocy of environmental laws. Bureaucrats

would
rather you burn alive than suffer a miniscule risk of getting cancer 20
years down the road.

Guess I need not worry too much about the 20lb bottle I have then ;-)