Old March 27th 20, 07:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Soaring already DOA for the season???

It looks to me that the Federalist report is deeply flawed in its understanding. It is in fact as a result of the strict suppression measures introduced in the UK the last few days, and also the ongoing increase in ICU capacity, that it is hoped to keep the UK mortality below 20,000 and those measures were partly informed by the Imperial College report. So it's an updated prediction from Neil Ferguson in the light of the practical responses to the ICL study and not a roll back. I hope he is right.

For an objective report of his evidence look at the New Scientist or The Times. It is hard to understand how any competent news reporter could have genuinely so misunderstood this.