Old July 25th 06, 10:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Terry

Default OT-Sorta Garmin 296 Auto Nav Kit

I've used my Garmin 296 in the airplane for several years now and
love it.
In the Automotive Mode, it will show major interstate highways
etc but want
more detail in the major cities. I would like to buy the "Auto
Navigation Kit"
from Garmin that contains the 128mb data card, City Navigator CD
etc and
install it in my Garmin 296 but I am somewhat concerned that it
may cause
problems with the entire unit or in the aviation mode.

It's a great unit and I use it a great deal but if I can get even
more use out of
it in the car I'd like to do so. With my vacation soon, rental
car and strange
cities I think it would be nice to have.

Anybody else done this with their Garmin 296...added the Auto Nav
Kit?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Be Careful out there...Fly Safe, Fly Smart!

Thank You

Terry
N6401F