Old October 28th 05, 07:57 PM
FlyBean

Default Which GPS w/laptop moving map?

Yes, but SeattleAvionics said there may be compatibility problems with
the Garmin, as Garmin is not using standard NMEA 0183 Data protocol.

Jonathan Goodish wrote:
In article ,
FlyBean wrote:

The new version 3.0 of Seattle Avionics's Voyager just came out, and
it has a nice moving map. I want to start using it on my laptop, but
need to buy a GPS, first. SA recommends the Pharos GPS360, but I
always thought the Garmin GPS 10 may be the better option. Does
anyone have experience with any of these?

The Garmin GPS10 is probably the better unit. It has a very fast
acquisition and 10-12 hour battery life.

However, the GPS10 does have magnets in the bottom of the case. With
care, the case can be opened and the magnets removed.

JKG