Old February 11th 06, 09:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Air Force One Had to Intercept Some Inadvertent Flyers / How?

Morgans wrote:
"Ronald Gardner" wrote

I suspect gear and flaps down speed of a F15 to be around 110 or 120

knots. I
wonder if with the thrust to weight ratio if he could nose up and power up

and
hold a much lower grd speed without altitude gain? Any former F15 pilots

out
there have the answer?

I have seen FA-18's "hang it on the prop" before; I'm sure F-15 pilots are
"almost" as good! g

I saw a Thunderbirds (F-16) show a few years ago from a position only a
few hundred feet from the runway. Amazing. One plane came down the
runway about 25' AGL so slowly that I thought I could out run it on
foot. It must have been standing on part of the afterburner thrust or
something. The wings could not have been contributing much lift and
might even have been stalled.

And later in the show, a single F-16 did 360 degree turns at nearly
90-degree bank. The wing was barely off the surface.