Old September 27th 07, 04:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ian Cant

Default Cameras and barographs

Out of curiosity, has anyone 'recently' attempted a
badge flight using a camera or ground observers ?
Did it get accepted by SSA without added hassle ?

I guess a digital camera is completely out of the question
!

Ian

At 14:42 27 September 2007, Toad wrote:
On Sep 27, 10:06 am, Chip Bearden wrote:
On Sep 27, 9:11 am, toad wrote:

I also wanted to land back where I took off :-)

That's hard to do without the camera or logger.

Todd

Hard but not impossible. Back in the 'olden days,'
you were allowed to
use observers. On more than one occasion my father
radioed the FBO at
a local turnpoint and got him to come out and 'observe'
him (5,000
feet above!) as he crossed the airport. Then my dad
would send the guy
a letter with a pre-filled form to sign and a stamped,
self-addressed
envelope, and receive it a week later. OK, it was
kludgy but it was
possible.