Old August 21st 08, 12:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Default Viable alternatives for serious aviation discussion

Abbott wrote:
"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
Mxsmanic wrote:
Dudley Henriques writes:

It most certainly does work this way. If the student doesn't graduate a
good pilot, the instructor has failed. Therefore the instructor by
definition isn't the good instructor in your example.
I wasn't thinking of the graduation. After the pilot graduates, he
flies. A
good pilot is someone who flies well even years after doing what is
necessary
to get a license. The same applies to drivers of cars, doctors, lawyers,
and
so on. It's one thing to pass a test; it's another to stay competent
and/or
perhaps improve over long periods. Instructors have no control over
that.

Anything you say Anthony. I've reached that point where it's time to say
I'm not interested in changing your opinion.

--
Dudley Henriques

Oh, don't stop now, you just got him wound up.

If I do that I'll be going against my own Usenet philosophy (new this
year :-)
If someone engages me respectfully I'll return the respect. If any
difference can't be settled after several exchanges, and if I believe
I'm correct as is the case here, I'll disengage and allow my "adversary"
their opinion without slamming them.
Don't know how long this will last, but I'm giving it a shot anyway :-))

--
Dudley Henriques