Old April 8th 05, 09:17 PM
Newps

ATM says a lot of them have called. We won't be taking any as we are
overstaffed right now. Bozeman is getting radar. The city fathers want
it so bad they are buying the radar themselves. ZLC doesn't want
anything to do with it. It looks like we will be working it from here.
At that point we might need a couple more controllers. That would
probably make us level 9. There's also a possibility that Great Falls
will lose their TRACON and we would also work that too, as a level 10.
Imagine that, level 10 and able to get the day off whenever I need it.
We will be moving into our new tower Aug 2006 and the TRACON is huge.
Political pressure is already being applied from our end and from
ZLC's end. ZLC airspace guys are already drawing up the new approach
control airspace for BZN. So time will tell.

Chip Jones wrote:
Well Newps,

The bids have come out for displaced Flight Service controllers to enter the
terminal ATC environment. Looks like KBIL is one of the places they will be
selecting into. I don't see a single ARTCC on the list, just ATC level 6,7
and 8 terminal facilities.

Good luck...

Chip, ZTL