Old June 7th 05, 11:48 PM
Victor J. Osborne, Jr.

But does this feature work as enhancements to existing SDF/LOC approaches?

I don't think so. We'll have to wait years, if ever, for these LPV
approaches to come to our area.

My $0.02, {|;-)

Victor J. (Jim) Osborne, Jr.

VOsborne2 at charter dot net
"Roy Smith" wrote in message
Marco Leon mmleon(at)yahoo.com wrote:
It sucks but realistically, how many airports have LPV approaches without
an
ILS somewhere? Then compare that list to what you will realistically fly;
then pare it down to to chances of requiring the 250ft DH to break out of
the ceiling. I'd think anyone would come up with a very short list of
pilots
this would impact.

One of the cool things about WAAS is the ability to fly a synthetic
glideslope on a non-precision approach. I'd much rather follow a
needle smoothly down to MDA than dive-and-drive through a couple of
stepdowns, even if the MDA is still the same 500 AGL or whatever.