Old June 8th 19, 03:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sandy Coleman

Default Transponder check

On Saturday, June 8, 2019 at 7:36:22 AM UTC-6, wrote:
I recently installed Trig-22, TN-72 in my glider and passed ground test. After 3 competition days I pulled free FAA reports- two days are fine and in one day I have red value in NIC column (integrity and accuracy) of 0.41% fail. PAPR user guide does not say much what can be cause of this fail. Is anyone experienced willing to help evaluate failed report? Should I turn off TN-72 on my panel even only 0,42% in one flight was faulty(red) report out of 3 flights of 13 hours? Thank you. pavel

Search for "transponder 2 year check". Look at the May 9 posts. The answer is there as well as an offer to evaluate the report. One thing PAPR cannot measure is power out at the antenna.

Please do not turn off your GPS for the transponder! You may become invisible to aircraft with ADS-B in.