Old May 18th 05, 05:34 AM
M B

'Towing is not actually an endorsement'...hmmm

I disagree. 61.69 has the word 'endorsement'
in two different places. I would suggest you review
it and
I would then ask if you think a non-regulatory
Advisory Circular supercedes this 61.69 regulation.

The AC has no Sport Pilot endorsements either,
yet I myself have endorsed for this privilege also.
This doesn't bother me in the slightest...

At 17:00 17 May 2005, Paul Lynch wrote:
OK, but powered aircraft refers to a powered glider
or ultralight. There
are some gliders capable of towing a light glider or
ultralight. Your
license tells you what AIRCRAFT you can fly, the CFI
endorsements can expand
that by adding 'subsets' (my choice of word) such
as tailwheel, high
performance, or self-launch. Towing is not actually
an endorsement. It is
training/currency that must be logged. You will not
see any sample
endorsement in the AC covering instructor endorsements
concerning towing.

'Andy' wrote in message
ups.com...
Paul Lynch wrote:
There seems to be a lot of over analyzing in this
entire thread

(IMHO).
'Powered aircraft' has nothing to do with what you
are legally

authorized to
fly.

You should probably read 61.69 which was the subject
of this thread.
The FAA believes, and states, that being rated to
fly 'powered
aircraft' has everything to do with being qualified
to tow.

Andy

Mark J. Boyd