Old July 15th 03, 04:25 AM
Sydney Hoeltzli

Dennis O'Connor wrote:
Planning a flight to the Adirondacks in a couple of weeks... This will be
the first longish trip for my grandson, age 9 - he is a bit small for his
age... The adult head sets are a bit big for him... Anyone have a small
head set they want to get rid of?

Denny,

Are you sure they're too big when you adjust the band all the way
down? An adult headset fits our (large) 3 1/2 yr old just fine.

If they're really too big:
What brand do you have? A couple of mfrs make a child-size band
which fits on adult headsets. Sigtronics does, I know, I think
also Pilot. Dunno about Dave Clark. It's almost certain to fit
width-wise, so it's the height you need to adjust.

You can also just wrap foam around the top of the band until it
fits reasonably, then cover the foam with some snazzy, child
attractive fabric. For ease and simplicity, fold the cut edges
under and pin or baste it in place; if there's someone in the
family w/ sewing skills, hem it and attach velcro. Extra points
for embroidering it with his name.

HTH,
Sydney