Old December 6th 04, 03:32 PM
Jim Burns

Default Heater problem fixed!

After troubleshooting the Janitrol heater in our Aztec for the past 3 weeks,
we've finally got it fixed. The problem ended up being a combination of a
bad ignitor (spark plug) and a coked fuel nozzle. One problem no doubt
causing the other problem.

After a new spark plug didn't solve our problems, we dug in further and
found that the nozzle was coked over. Cleaning it didn't help, so C&D
shipped us a new nozzle.

After verifying 7 lbs of fuel pressure going into the nozzle holder/
solenoid valve assembly, we still weren't getting a good spray pattern out
of the new nozzle. We called C&D and shipped them the new nozzle as well as
the nozzle holder / solenoid valve assembly. They replaced the nozzle with
another new nozzle and also flushed the holder / valve assembly, test
sprayed it and got full atomization.

Now our heater is putting out the heat that it's supposed to. The happiest
words I heard this weekend while flying from WI to MI and back was "Daddy,
it's too hot back here" )

Hope this may help someone else in the future.

Jim

---