Old July 14th 13, 02:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
GM

Default Heavy hand again?

On Sunday, July 14, 2013 12:18:18 AM UTC-4, Frank Whiteley wrote:
http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2...dger-mountain/

Well, this is strike #2 but we don't know yet what set off either party. In general, the guy with the gun and badge wins the first round until things get cleared up! Perhaps some legal scholar on this group could give some advise for the US-readers of this site as to how to behave or react when approached by a cop after an off field landing. What am I supposed to do, what information am I obliged to provide, which not?
Perhaps clubs should create a fact-sheet about gliders and the way they operate and distribute it to the local police stations to inform the local cops that they are not looking at something that could unleash a second 9/11?

Uli
'GM'