Old October 27th 18, 03:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default What electronics are worth buying

I have renewed our ACR PLB registrations at least twice and there were
no requirements to test them that I know of.Â* I really should look into
the battery situation, however.Â* I'm good with a soldering iron; I only
hope the battery is not welded into the circuit.

On 10/26/2018 4:26 PM, Andrzej Kobus wrote:
On Friday, October 26, 2018 at 4:59:27 PM UTC-4, John Huthmaker wrote:
At that price I would just crack the case open and find out if I could replace the battery myself. Its highly unlikely they made a battery specifically for this device that couldnt be sourced elsewhere.

They also do testing and re-registration of the unit since if I remember correctly the registration will expire with the buttery.

--
Dan, 5J