Old December 3rd 18, 07:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Surge

Default anyone have a Cad file of a nimbus 2 panel

I have a CAD drawing I made for my Nimbus 2 BUT ...
1. It's not identical to the original due it being a copy and tweak of another copy.
2. My panel mountings are not original which changes the shape where it meets the cockpit sides.
3. The panel has bends on the bottom which need to be done accurately for the mounting foot to fit (which is a seperate piece I riveted on).

If it's only for laying out instruments it should be good enough.
I think the Cirrus panel is almost identical so that may also be an option.

If you want to be certain things will fit why not just measure your current panel and redraw it in a CAD application? It shouldn't take more than an afternoon.