Old November 19th 19, 10:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default How did you install your FLARM brick and/or ADS-B Out?

On Tuesday, November 19, 2019 at 1:07:12 PM UTC-8, Mike N. wrote:
Any notes on what configuration changes should be made to Flarm core.
Once the installation of the Trig transponder is complete?

You just need to tell the FLARM you have a Mode-S transponder (important you say it's Mode-S not Mode-C) And see how things go.

On the TT22 Setup side as I've been suggesting for a while now, I would select that you have a 1090ES receiver (i.e. your PowerFLARM with ADS-B option). That "capability code" gets broadcast by the TT22 and used by the FAA ground infrastructure to work out wether to broadcast ADS-R or TIS-B traffic data for your aircraft (i.e. so you can see other aircraft seen by the FAA ground systems that have UAT-Out or only a transponder (and not 10990ES Out)).

Currently PowerFLARM does not decode ADS-R or TIS-B but that is things FLARM is actively working on. So you might a well set your ADS-B Out that you have 1090ES In so it's ready for that PowerFLARM ADS-R and TIS-B support.