Old July 6th 06, 11:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Udo Rumpf

Default Selling glider US -> Canada

At 22:00 06 July 2006, Dan'L wrote:
John C wrote:
What is involved in selling a US experimental cert
glider to a Canadian
buyer? Any advice including the best way to accept
payment would be
appreciated...

Thanks!

As A buyer I would send you a small down payment (
5-10%) in form of a Canadian Bank Cashiers check.
I would advised you that the same check would be used
for the remaining amount. Once we did meat we exchanged
all the papers as well as the check. If you have still
doubt you can go to a bank near by and have the check
deposited into your account as it is treated like a
cash.
In any case that is how I did it with the US seller
and It worked out very well.
Udo