Old September 12th 09, 06:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Default Trig TT21 Transponder receives FAA TSO approval

John Scott wrote:
I installed an Trig TT21 in my APIS (experimental amatuer built) glider
several months ago. It passed all Mode A, C, and S certification tests with
flying colors. The altitude encoder was spot on when tested. It tested at
300 watts output.

The unit has a nominal 130 watt output at the connector on the box; it
will be less than that by the time it goes through the cable and the
antenna. I suggest you ask the technician that did the test why the
reading was so high, in case it indicates a problem with his tester, the
antenna, the antenna cable, or his procedure.

Regardless, the Trig looks like a very good choice right now, perhaps
the best choice for gliders. I look forward to more reports.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA

* "Transponders in Sailplanes" http://tinyurl.com/y739x4
* Sections on Mode S, TPAS, ADS-B, Flarm, more

* "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org