Old September 12th 09, 12:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcarlyle

Default Trig TT21 Transponder receives FAA TSO approval

I've had a Trig TT21 in my LS8 for a few months now, replacing a Terra
TRT250D transponder and an Ameri-King AK-350 encoder that were
originally installed in 2000.

Because of the small size of the Trig it was very easy to install.
Similarly to a previous poster, the Trig checked out perfectly in all
modes, and the encoder matched the test set to within 20 feet from 0
to 20,000 feet. It clearly works fine in the air, too, as I saw a
commuter plane divert a bit to clear me while I was thermalling.

The best part is the low current drain. Here in the PHL-NYC area the
transmit symbol is always on, but my 4 year old 6.5 AH battery (which
also powers a Becker 4401, an SN10B, a Volkslogger, and an iPAQ 3750)
has enough juice to last over 6 hours. I've got another 6.5 AH battery
on board, but that will apparently be my cold weather backup!

-John

On Sep 12, 1:56 am, Eric Greenwell wrote:
snip the Trig looks like a very good choice right now, perhaps
the best choice for gliders. I look forward to more reports.