Old September 22nd 03, 03:45 PM
Ron Natalie

"PiperSeneca@" wrote in message om...
Thank you for the excellent info on parts availabilty. On a similar
topic, are there any maintenance trouble spots on the older Navions?
I was told that the hydraulic system is leaky or troublesome. Is this
true, how bad a problem is it and are there any other areas of
concern?

If you got leaks, you got leaks. The biggest problem is if you let someone
who hasn't a clue overhall the valves and such. I've never had any hydraulic
problems.

Getting the gear to stay up is a perrenial problem. There are a number of things
that can cause this to happen, and you might end up going through a number
of them before you figure it out.

From my own experience and listening to tons of Navion maintenance Q&A sessions
over the years, there's really no single big problem. Just lots of stuff that happens
with 50 year old aircraft...corrosion, very old parts that have escaped inspection
for decades, etc... Lots of technical information is out there specific to Navions
but no great smoking gun.