Old August 1st 15, 01:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Google working on cheap ADS-B

On Friday, July 31, 2015 at 11:35:00 AM UTC-7, Craig Funston wrote:
On Friday, July 31, 2015 at 10:52:43 AM UTC-7, wrote:
http://www.airspacemag.com/daily-pla...956113/?no-ist

Maybe light at the end of the tunnel...?

5Z

Hope that light isn't a train ;-)

Interesting quote from Ric Peri of the Aircraft Electronics Association

"If every aircraft with an N registry...every aircraft...could use the same exact ADS-B solution, the entire market is less than one-fifth of Apple's first day sales of the iPad,"

We'll have to leverage other higher volume technology sources if we're going to get the cost down.

Craig

"We'll have to leverage other higher volume technology sources if we're going to get the cost down"

I think that was the point of referencing the article, drones are exactly that higher volume technology.