Old October 18th 03, 02:11 AM
Fred J. McCall

"Thomas Schoene" wrote:

:"Fred J. McCall" wrote in message

:
: Someone from Korea (pretty sure it was in this thread, but maybe not)
: commented on the F-15K deal shortly after I posted my remark the first
: time with something along the lines of "That's right, because we're
: buying SLAM-ER, too."
:
:OTOH, you said the same thing about Poland, and their package includes only
:JDAM and JSOW, not a powered stand-off weapon like SLAM-ER.

Yes, I did. Compare the range of Harpoon Block II to the range of a
JSOW. Again, not much point in trying to make the Harpoon into some
sort of land attack weapon. It would cost more than it was worth,
given that you already HAVE a dedicated land attack weapon with
roughly the same range and a better warhead.

--
"Millions for defense, but not one cent for tribute."
-- Charles Pinckney