Old November 29th 19, 06:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Pitot/static leak issues when using a "squat switch"

Everything I've flown with a squat switch (props, turboprops, jets) has
had shock struts.Â* Does the '20 have one of those?

Come to think of it, we use "landing gear down and locked" as a position
for a micro switch in our gear warning systems.Â* It shouldn't be at all
difficult to use a micro switch in the "landing gear up and locked"
position as your "in flight" sensor.Â* But when you lower the gear,
you'll be reporting "on ground".Â* You could also use a toggle switch,
just don't forget to flip it.Â* Or you could simply switch your
transponder from ON to ALT before takeoff and after landing.

On 11/28/2019 4:30 PM, Charles Longley wrote:
I am thinking about a better mousetrap. Probably can’t do a squat switch on the gear because of the configuration on the ASW20. But I’ll think it over.

--
Dan, 5J