Old November 30th 19, 06:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default Pitot/static leak issues when using a "squat switch"

On Friday, November 29, 2019 at 8:45:37 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Friday, November 29, 2019 at 5:58:13 PM UTC-8, Charles Longley wrote:
Yeah I am familiar with how a squat switch works. There’s no suspension in an ASW-20 except the tire so no place to put the squat switch. I’ll take a look at it when I do the Condition Inspection. Maybe something will come to me.

Can anyone show me the FAA regulation that requires a squat switch in a glider?

You are repeating yourself. I answered this same question from you in the tenth post of this thread. Have regulations change since then?

You may not agree with the reasoning there, I think it's *awfully* written FWTW, but I'm pointing out this is the interpretation used in the avionics industry. I also think it was an bad idea for the FAA to require this for light aircraft and I wish they had left that with the RTCA DO-260 standard of not requiring light aircraft to transmit in ground mode at all (continue transmitting ADS-B airborne messages on on the ground).