Old May 19th 04, 10:51 PM
Frode Berg

Default Anti collision light mod for Piper Arrow 1968 model?

Hi!

We are doing some major upgrade to our Piper Arrow 180hp.

We are putting in a factory overhauled engine, upgrading the interior to
leathcer (seats, panels, new carpeting), installing an S-TEC system 20 one
axis autopilot, as well as a new Bendix/King KI208 indicator.

This airplane did not come standard with the flashing white lights on the
wingtips like the newer ones have.
I guess they are called "anti-collision" lights or something like this?

Is it possible to install these to this plane? Is there a mod for it? Anyone
have any experience with installing them? What are the costs involved in
this?

Also, do they really make a big difference in visibility to other planes up
there?
I somehow think I see planes easier that have them on, but I rarely get the
chance to see two planes at the same time while flying, one with and one
without, so I can't really say...

Anyway, any opinions welcome, also ane web sites to piper parts and mods
would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Frode Berg
LN-LMR