Old February 24th 08, 02:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.misc
Bill Sands

Default Help monitoring air traffic?

Can anyone point me to:

1) A good airband radio, for listening to commercial aircraft and CTAFs?
I have a pretty good one, but it's old and analog so it's difficult
to zero in on a frequency, and there can sometimes be 2 active
frequencies that are only 0.025 MHz apart, so I'd like to go digital.
I'm looking for good reception, and maybe ability to preprogram certain
frequencies, but that's about it.

2) A webpage that indicates position and altitude of commercial
aircraft? You see guys on CNN standing in front of a screen with
airplane icons (when discussing travel delays are certain airports
during bad weather, for example), I would like something like that.
Ideally, it would be cool if you could look at specific regions, but
first things first -

Thanks in advance -

BS