Old November 6th 03, 08:07 PM
Ron Natalie

"FryGuy" wrote in message 1...

I was just told that the aircraft we are renting is over the 100 hour
inspection requirement. I asked them if they could get it done between now
and then and they said they don't have time. Their argument is that we
won't be doing any flight training and therefore the 100 hour inspection
requirement is not applicable.

They are correct, if they aren't carrying passengers for hire, or providing
instruction, they don't need the 100 hour.

The rep at the AOPA said that their interpretation is that since it is a
rental plane it is "for hire".

Who ever told you that is an idiot. The reg says "CARRYING PASSENGERS
FOR HIRE." You're A&P is right. Rental is not operating for hire. You don't
need 100 hours, you don't need lifeboats or flares, etc...