Old March 30th 04, 09:30 PM
Peter R.

john szpara ) wrote:

snip
I'd like to hear opinions on the 340, 414, and 421. A former commecial
pilot recommended the 340 or 414 to me. He said the 421 is good, but
has some kind of gear drive that could make maintenance more
expensive.

Also, I'd like opinions on the engine out performance and handling.
I'm told some twins are more difficult than others when an engine is
out.

I don't have any experience to offer but I have been catching news items
about the probable release of a very expensive spar AD for the Cessna 400
series. There is also speculation that this spar AD might involve other
Cessna twins, too. Read a couple of news items he

http://www.avweb.com/newswire/10_12a.../186888-1.html

http://www.avweb.com/newswire/10_12a.../186889-1.html

--
Peter