Old October 30th 04, 10:18 PM
Jay Masino

zatatime wrote:
All three turned on at idle would exceed the
alternator output.

Doesn't that make your airplane "illegal" (technically speaking of
course).
I thought the total draw of an electrical system could not exceed 80%
of the output capacity of the alternator.
Am I incorrect, or is there more to this concept?

The way it was explained to me, once upon a time, was... Landing/Taxi
lights are considered "intermitant loads" and are not added in for the 80%
load calculation. Same goes for pitot heat. In fact, when you're adding
up your loads, you only add the receive power draw for your Com radios,
and not the transmit power draw.

--- Jay

--
__!__